Friday, August 7, 2009

Bring it on!!

Okay...so I have more students this year than I ever have before (110)...so about 10 of them are special education students...so what if I am just days away from taking two "less than exciting" online classes.... I AM A TEACHER !!! BRING IT ON !!
Seriously, I think my students this year will be a really fun group. I had my "come to Jesus meeting" with my second period, so I think I might have nipped potential misbehavior in the bud in that class, but the others already have their own personality. Most of them stated that they don't like History. So I told them I was going to give a lesson next week where I would show them that "Mrs. Tucker "sees dead people!" Actually, it's my now almost world famous CSI lesson, but at least I got their attention until next week. :-) Parental support seems good at the moment. We had about 60 show up for Open House. I have the son of the lady who does my hair in my class, I have a cousin of one of my former students (the cousin said I was really cool) and I have the sibling of one of my first year students. I guess I have been teaching long enough now to say I feel comfortable doing it. For those of you who don't realize it.... this is my 7th year teaching!! Whatever is in store for this year...BRING IT ON !!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah, bring it on!!! You go girl!!

Nancy Seaman said...

I learned the term Come to Jesus from Joy Lott and now use it semi regular. The term covers the occasional meeting quite well.