Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update...

This week.... better week in most ways... Getting to love my students more each day... if I could just remember their names... I keep getting someone added everyday!!
Serious story... Too sad not to be true...
Chapter 1 in our book is about the Geography, physical features, etc. about Ga. There are a couple of Indian Words that are pretty cool, and I know my kids are familiar with at least one of them... Okefenokee Swamp...it means "Land of the Trembling Earth...Piedmont...At the foot of the mountains... WELL... Thursday, one of my darlings comes up to me and said...Ms. Tucker, there is a cuss word in this book... I looked at her and said.. really, show me...so , she pointed to a picture of one of the rivers in Ga...As I stared in amazement, I was desperately trying to figure out what the heck she was talking about!! Finally, i asked her to show me the specific word...She said...it's right here... It doesnt have the meaning right beside it because i guess the people who wrote the book didn't want people to get mad! I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT ...when she suddenly says, "Doesn't this mean ...Hoochie who talks a lot...The river's name is the Chattahoochee River!!!!! I almost lost it!!!!
And it is only week 2!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

waay too funny!

Anonymous said...

This is way to funny! Keep these stories coming
corey and nikki